Thursday, June 25, 2009

The things I have done

So this past week has been great. Work has been busy but I have been having a great time. his is such an amazing city. Full of great little restaurants and shops and nice people. This past week I have:

1. Eaten my first snowball. A yummy New Orleans snack that comes in like a million flavors. I had coconut and it totally lived up to the hype.
2. Ate fried chicken that was purchased at a corner store - no not like The Corner Store. It is just a purple corner store that sells fried chicken out of the back. It was incredible. And it hasn't made me sick yet! Go me for eating food prepared out of a corner store with no apparent kitchen!
3. Discovered (with the help of friends) several new restaurants and wine bars - including one that sells wine by the ounce, so you can try all sorts of wines in one sitting and compare and contrast- very fun
4. Ate the best, most authentic crepe that I have had since I was in Paris in 2000. OMG, I am still thinking about it it was so good
5. Stopped on the side of the road in the pouring rain and ran out of a car with a friend to by sugar candy from a street vendor called Royal Candy. We got soaked but it was worth it!

I am just keppin on keepin on...haven't yet figure out how to authentically work y'all into my day to day speech but I am working on it!

No comments: