Monday, June 8, 2009

So you can totally drink on the street here

So I am moved in, something I couldn't have done without the support of my wonderful little brother...I mean who else was going to carry to TV and put together my furniture? The photos I have posted here show my new place in progress, once I get rid of the rest of the boxes I will take some better ones.

This city is incredible. Edward likened it to being the last stop before Hell and I think he may be right. It is as though everyone looking for an excuse to forget themselves descends on Bourbon Street. Live music, plenty of "gentleman clubs" and drinking everywhere, oh and gambling.

I went to a job fair today and met with all sorts of schools. There were some good prospects from my perspective and hopefully one or two of them liked me to. It is hard not knowing where I will be teaching but I have some time still. The Institute starts tomorrow and then I will have the chance to meet all the people I will be working with all summer. Hopefully at least a couple of them are cool.

Thanks to all of you who have Facebooked, emailed, texted and written. It is always nice to hear from friends when you are so far away.

No comments: