Friday, June 26, 2009

It just gets better


Today I had my second Snowball - raspberry flavored this time. Photo is below. They are so tasty...shaved ice and flavored syrup! Nothing better on a hot day, and every day is a hot day here.
I went shopping after class with a new friend and after finding maybe the cutest best clothing store in uptown we headed out to find me a car. On the way I happened to mention i had never had a Beignet and so after a short trip down a one way street we bought three for $1.65. Picture friend dough but SOOOO much better. Wow.

We made it to the car dealership eventually and test drove a Prius...so not for me...I mean 1. if i am going to spend that kind of cash on a car I am buying a Benz and 2. I really don't want to save the environment. You all know why :). I am going to head back tomorrow and pick me up a little Yaris. Supper cute, wicked cheap and perfect for city driving!

I also learned some new jargon today:

messy: gosspier
"can't hold water on her chest": can't keep a secret

OMG: oh my god (duh) but used down here exclusively in replacement of oh my god because people are so religious here. it is pretty funny to hear all sorts of people seeing stuff and going "OMG"! hard to explain but totally hysterical!

Anyway, I'm out...I'll post some photos of my new car once I buy it tomorrow! Much love to everyone.

No comments: