Friday, July 31, 2009

Running on Empty...

But at least I'm running. no really actually running. again.

A result of the great people around me, their constant inspiration and kind words and of course modeling good behavior (there is my one shot out to TeachNOLA for this email.)
Had a great (busy) week with professional development at school. We have been getting acclimated to the school culture, learning about their assessments and plans for the year and decorating our classrooms. I have provided a photo below that is my reading corner...it is still missing 2 beanbags but I am really happy how it came out!


The new students join us next week for orientation and then everyone starts on August 17th so there is a little more time to prepare and get everything ready to go. i feel really lucky to be at such a great supportive school, as a new teacher I couldn't have hoped for anything better.


So with the first week in the bag, I am looking forward to a fun (busy) weekend with friends, finishing my classroom, lesson planning and doing all the start up work for my debate team! love to everyone!

No comments: