Monday, July 20, 2009

Being Tourist in My New Home Town

Had a great weekend! Martha, Larry, Laura and Colleen came down to the Big Easy and gave me a great opportunity to be a tourist in my new home town.

We had a great time eating Beignets at Cafe Du Monde, walking around the quarter and eating lots of good Cajun food.

While there have been lots of little things I have been doing over the last few days, it feels really nice to have a little down time before school starts. Official meetings start tomorrow when I will meet with my literacy team and pick books for the upcoming year. I am very excited to have the opportunity to play a real role in the curriculum development of my students!

Had a great day today walking around the city with a friend and drinking wine at Fritzels...am thinking cheese steak and daiquiris to go for dinner...I really love this town!

No comments: