Saturday, July 25, 2009

It Begins

Busy week! The students don't arrive for a while still but there is a library to assemble and catalog, a debate team to organize and lesson plans and lesson plans and lesson plans.

I feel very lucky to have so many friends in NOLA who are all going through the same stuff as me right now. It is awesome to be able to share experiences, challenges and successes with people.

I am bummed that I won't be able to make it up north before the school year starts but will be back soon enough. This new place, new job, new everything has been so good for me...I found the cross on Bourbon Street last night...it looks like "Christ climbed down" but unlike in the Ferlinghetti poem I think instead of slipping off into "some anonymous Mary's womb" he might have wondered into a strip club...

No comments: