Monday, July 13, 2009

Part 1: Complete

We finished institute today! It feels so good to be preparing for the next stage of my life down here...actually teaching kids!

Our official graduation is on Wednesday but no more classes, books, teachers dirty looks...It has been a great experience so far. Much has been learned and the people I have met, just wow. I never thought I would be lucky enough to be surrounded by such kind, smart, generous people. I feel very lucky to have been chosen for this program.

I start school on the 22nd. We will spend sometime getting the school ready for the new year and then then have a week of training before we are joined by the kids on August 3rd. There is much to be done, but somehow I don't mind doing any of it. No, really what I mean is that I am enjoying doing all of it. What a change from my life in Boston.

I ran into the devil on Bourbon Street the other night and he smiled at me. My friend turned to me and said "its the only place in the world where sinners can be saints." I think he is right, and dare I say it, I think I am home...

1 comment:

cathygordon said...

Hi Meleena I am so enjoying your blog Its fun unbeat puts a smile on my face! Looks like New Orleans is the place for you! Love you Mom