Friday, January 21, 2011

2010 In Status

Haven't found the right words to capture the last year...so here it is in Facebook status...

1/11-things move change shift. but it is good and I am ready.
1/19-the east is covered in pink fog this morning. except we all know its not fog. because fog doesn't smell like this.
1/20-the fog is gray today. the smell is the same. I may throw up.
1/21-today the east smells like burnt toast. the entire city. how is that even possible?
1/22-runners, gang fights, lockdowns. oh but its friday :)
1/22-manchu chicken!
1/25-has self diagnosed herself with oppositional defiance disorder
2/10-is really proud of her boys right now
2/12-is thinking about a gold medal...again...
3/10-why is fog cool and magical in san francisco and just gross here? isn't it all the same fog?
3/24-amazing sunrise over the mississippi. I'm not a morning person but I will miss this.
4/27-in the memphis airport. really unimpressed. but happy to be headed north!
4/27-back in Boston. I love this weather!
5/2-heading back to nola. after such an amazing time up north it actually hurts.
5/7-is watching her boys play flag football against the coaches. may we all experience moments of such pride.
5/9-any of my Maine friends know of a good maid or maid service? Am I showing my pretension by asking? No I just recognize that at 31 I am not going to start cleaning any time soon :) Any suggestions would be great!!!!!
5/11-fire at school and now the whole city smells like oil. I am officially starting my countdown
5/11-amended post: two fires set at school. the east still smells like oil. its time.
5/17-watching my 7th graders compete in martial arts in my cafeteria. amazing how far they've come since august. this I will miss.
5/19-playing chess with one of my 6th graders. laughing so hard. this I will miss
5/20-watching one of my "struggling" math students teach his peers sine, cosine and tangent. this I will miss
5/21-sharing an ipod with charles. listening to drake. this I will miss.
5/22-t-minus one week....and counting
5/26-waiting at the airport for her brother to arrive. can't wait to see him!
5/27-may 27th. eating my first school breakfast. hmmmmm
5/27-playing board games with my boys. laughing.
5/28-will miss my boys
5/29-just drove 16 ft truck with trailer onto bourbon
5/29-as an fyi. the mississippi welcome center is closed.
5/29-the alabama welcome center is open. but not welcoming.
5/29-the city of birmingham sucks. that is all.
5/30-‎4 adults 3 cats 1 hotel room. interesting night
5/30-quadruple parked at a dairy queen somewhere in alabama. mnm blizzard. happy.
5/31-in west Virginia. cue banjos
5/31-made it to quakertown! ah east coast. how I have missed thee
6/1-on the road again. maineward bound
6/1-apparently a truck towing a car costs 25 in tolls to cross the tapenzee. a problem when you only have 20.
6/2-is home
6/17-is hanging out as the canyon comes between
6/18-loves new england summers
6/23-heard Midnight Train on the radio on my way to work and it made me think of Bourbon Street...missing my NOLA friends!
6/27-steamed clams and lobster. summer has begun.
8/14-I wonder what it means when you dream about being tired...
8/18-is thinking about the milestones you don't achieve
8/24-is hungry for the first time in 36 weeks...what an interesting feeling
8/30-is thinking Morning Edition on NPR needs to find some more news to report...some guy from Wisconsin who decided to move to hollywood to find success but didn't doesn't really seem like news...at all...
9/19-couldn't ask for anything more then she has right now
11/25-is thankful for friends old and new and my wonderful family. go pats!
12/6-misses her boys
12/10-realized this morning that her only response to there being no hot water is to call the landlord...not very effective when you own the house
12/15-Knows how lucky she is...and is very grateful
12/20-you are the best thing that's ever been mine
12/21-Would like to give a shout out to the state of Massachusetts for contributing to her 5 hour drive home last night...I mean it's not like they get snow that often...so it's no surprise they don't have plows or sand trucks right?
12/26-Amazing Christmas...amazing family...amazing friends...so very happy
12/30-Can't wait for a 3 day weekend with her boys

No comments: