Sunday, September 6, 2009

Ode to Labor Day

As many of you know I have for years (well since 1997 anyway) kept a book of quotes and poems and ads and articles that I thought were interesting or funny or thought provoking. A few years ago an editorial ran in the New York Times that has stuck with me and I think would have even if I hadn't written it down. I don't know who wrote it, but it is below. May this year will be the year.

New York Times editorial
September 4, 2006

So August was busier then you meant it to be and September is already overbooked and spilling into October.

It's not too early to buy plane tickets home for Thanksgiving and whose turn is it to have Christmas anyway?

Meanwhile there is today, Labor Day. It isn't much except of course, that it's everything.

Perhaps this will be the Monday that refuses to admit the existence of Tuesday.

No comments: