Sunday, May 24, 2009

A real barbecue

Thank you to my good friend Jen who hosted a rockin' "real" barbecue yesterday at her awesome home. There is no better way to kick off summer then good friends, good hot dogs and all the trimmings. It was great to see people before I head out.

One of the hardest parts of leaving is all the cool people I am leaving behind. I know friendships transcend distance but distance still changes them. So many thanks to Jen for hosting...it was great to chill out in your backyard, watch the kids kill the pinata and enjoy the easy conversation that can only occur between friends.

I ended the day with a great sushi dinner with my dear friend Chuck...great food, great company and a great Lakers playoff game on the TV. I am trying to absorb (word chosen since I couldn't figure out how to spell soke?sook? whatever) as many good moments and create as many good memories as I can. Even though there are many things I am eager to leave behind in Boston, there is much I want to take with me.

No comments: