Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Goodbye EMI

Just two days left of work. The company threw me a really nice going away event last night. Full of laughs, embarrassing toasts and plenty of wine. It's hard to believe I have been there for six years, and in some ways it is hard to imagine not ever going back. My work has defined me for so long. In many ways EMI was the only way I defined myself. Now as I head toward another career that in many ways will be just as encompassing it feels weird. I had come to embrace this idea of being an urban professional. Now I am something different, still urban, and still a professional, but now also a teacher.

It's time to go, it feels like the right time, but I will miss the people, the clients, the work, the office and even the bad days. I have grown a lot and I think the company has played a role in helping me to become the person I am today - for better or for worse.

So goodbye EMI. It's been real, and its been fun...and now its time to move on to the next thing!

No comments: