Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Words out of Context

The Miami airport has words inscribed in the floor of the terminal. I think if you were to look at it the right way you would read something amazing. Something about Miami and its history and its culture and its environment and its people. But instead all I could see where words out of context.

"Soaked up, never given back." Absorbed into time. Who wrote that line? What did they mean it to go with? Were they talking about the environment? An experience? The sand? The sun? An old lover?

As I could not begin to understand the authors intent I was instead left in the Miami airport feeling somehow empty and confused. Able to only put my interpretation against them. But wanting desperately to understand the whole picture. To see something outside of my own context.

No comments: